EnduroSharp™ Torlon Scraper Blade (TSB) inserts are designed for use with an ergonomically-designed handle sold separately or as part of a kit. The tools provide aerospace maintenance professionals with an effective method of safely removing gap materials, sealants and adhesive materials from underlying substrates and fasteners without damaging composite substructures. For additional information, refer to Chapter 1 in our Instruction Manual.
Our tools can be used at ambient temperatures and, additionally, are manufactured out of chemically inert and heat resistant Torlon and thus can also be used in conjunction with heat and/or chemical assisted skiving processes to expedite material removal. Other attributes include:
- Approved for use on U.S. Air Force, U.S Marine Corp., U.S. Navy and Foreign military aerospace systems.
- Prevents damage to metallic (primed) and nonmetallic components or substrates
- Is stiffer, and maintains a superior cutting edge, compared to alternative thermoplastic removal tools
- Increased material removal rates
- Easily re-sharpened
- Heat resistant to 500°F/260°C
- Chemical resistant to standard aerospace fluids and solvents