Our EnduroSharp™ Torlon® Gap Blades (TGB) inserts, available in five widths and three depths per width, are designed for use with an ergonomically-designed handle sold separately or as part of a kit. The gap blades provide aerospace maintenance professionals precise depth specific, incremental skiving of gap filler materials and are approved for use on U.S. Air Force, U.S Marine Corp., U.S. Navy and Foreign military aerospace systems. For more detail, refer to chapter 3 in our online Manual.
NOTE: The use of the TGB blades with the EnduroSharp™ handles REQUIRES an adapter, which is sold separately (item # TGBA-001).
Our tools can be used at ambient temperatures and, additionally, are manufactured out of chemically inert and heat resistant Torlon and thus can also be used in conjunction with heat and/or chemical assisted skiving processes to expedite material removal. Other attributes include:
- Approved for use on U.S. Air Force, U.S Marine Corp., U.S. Navy and Foreign military aerospace systems.
- Prevents damage to metallic (primed) and nonmetallic components or substrates
- Is stiffer, and maintains a superior cutting edge, compared to alternative thermoplastic removal tools
- Increased material removal rates
- Easily re-sharpened
- Heat resistant to 500°F/260°C
- Chemical resistant to standard aerospace fluids and solvents