Our Torlon Gap Filler Removal (GFR) Bits are designed for use with an ergonomically-designed pneumatic tool. The tools provide aerospace maintenance professionals with an effective method of safely removing flexibilized epoxy gap materials from gaps and epoxy fillers from fasteners without damaging composite substructures and fasteners. For further information on EnduroSharp Drill Bits, refer to chapter 6 of our Instruction Manual.
- Approved for use on U.S. Air Force aerospace systems.
- Prevents damage to metallic (primed) and nonmetallic components or substrates
- Is stiffer, and maintains a superior cutting edge, compared to alternative thermoplastic removal tools
- Increased material removal rates
- Easily re-sharpened
- Heat resistant to 500°F/260°C
- Chemical resistant to standard aerospace fluids and solvents