CT scanning gives us access to the inner workings of a part without having to destroy the original
At Performance Plastics, we take pride in our ability to solve your problems, it is what we strive for. Specializing in molding parts with complex geometries and very tight tolerances for critical applications, means that we must understand all aspects of the part. Our Metrology Lab focuses on advancing measurement science, which is why we can measure all aspects of your part, with no damage through our industrial computed tomography (CT) scanner.
Industrial CT scanning gives us access to the inner workings of a part without having to destroy the original. The scanner rotates the part 360 degrees and uses X-rays to create a precise 3D model. This allows for a thorough analysis of object dimensions, porosity, wall thickness, assembly defects, comprehensive comparisons, and reverse engineering. Allowing our engineers to analyze every aspect of the part and the problem in hand, not just the data on the part dimensions.
The industrial CT scanner opens the eyes of our metrologist and our engineers. It also broadens our capabilities in the PPL Metrology lab, giving us the ability to provide numerous CT scan-related services.
• Part-to-CAD comparisons create a precise overlay of the scanned part to the original 3D part model database
• Part-to-part comparisons provide an overlay of two scanned parts to reveal dimensional deviation
• Void and inclusion analysis, provide material and defect analysis showing void or inclusion size and locations
• Wall thickness analysis measures slight changes in the wall stock of complex parts without destructive testing
• Dimensional analysis provides full article inspections and reporting
• Reverse engineering capabilities that generate a 3D