Problem Solved Engineering Expertise
A bold statement and one we take very seriously. Our success is the result of a methodical, solutions-focused approach to engineering and production combined with a failure is not an option attitude.
Performance Plastics facilitates the design engineers desire to create better products.
We help you understand and apply high performance plastics. There is no magic to what we do. It is the result of hard work based on the complimentary knowledge, skill sets, passion and determination of our people. It is the way we are wired. We thrive on the challenge of doing what no one else has done. It starts with an attention to details - asking, listening and analyzing data so we know everything we can about your application before we even consider recommending a solution. We become your partner from design through production.
- Do we understand the thermal environment?
- Are there chemical and solvent exposure issues?
- Are there mechanical and physical expectations?
- What are the friction and wear needs?
- Will there be electrical/thermal conductive requirements?
- Which tight tolerances are most critical?
- Have we thought about the ramifications of the design and material choices?
- Where are the hurdles and obstacles to success?
- What other components will it interface with?
- How and where can it fail?
- How do we test it to make sure?
We use the latest technology and tools
We can quickly evaluate ideas to see what does or does not work. From 3D CAD models, we can machine samples from stock materials, create resin cut or layered prototypes or provide soft, bridge tooling to prove your ideas work before you make a significant capital investment.
Our engineering support includes:
- Mechanical design engineering
- Material requirement evaluation
- Polymer material selection and sourcing
- Solid modeling (Solid Works, STP, Parisold, and IGES)
- Advance sizing and part mapping
- Tooling design, tooling materials and sourcing
- Mold Flow Analysis and Finite Element Analysis